Saturday, January 21, 2012

I Hate Snow

Mostly because I have to shovel it. I am cold when I do it and I am sweaty and sleepy when I am through. Pretty soon I will have to do it again. And now that I think about it, how come the children never visit when the driveway needs to be shoveled!?!

I suppose what annoys me the most is that snow annoys me. I have been pondering of late that most things in Our Father's creation are there to bring him glory. So, after an hour of shoveling I am thinking to myself, "Just exactly how does this bring glory to Our Father?" This question brings the follow on question of, "Why can't I see the things I know bring glory to Our Father?" I know it, but I can't see it.

Nutz.

I long to see the full glory of Our Father fully revealed - someday, O Lord, someday.

Hmm, I wonder if the reason so many evangelicals are southern is so they don't have to worry about the glory of Our Father in shoveling snow.

And in the mean time I give thanks to Our Father in heaven, the Carhartt corporation and my eldest daughter for flannel lined work pants.

1 comment:

  1. I hate snow, too... And during last week's snowy mess, a young friend (a week younger than Nathaniel and his girl-pal since they were babies) reminded me that snow is also glittery, poetic, majestic, and fun to play in. She's right, and when I saw her this week I thanked her for that lesson... but as right as she is, I still can't bring myself to praise God while trying to drive around in that slippery mess.

    ReplyDelete